01423 593 002

Ask a question

Ask us a question

If preferred complete our extended CICA application form.

What you should do before you are able to make a sexual abuse/assault claim

To be able to make a criminal injury claim an application must usually be made within the 2 year time limit.

You would not need to wait for the outcome of a court case before submitting an application.

The sexual abuse/ assault must be reported to the police as soon as possible. If the sexual abuse/ assault was not reported at the time you must put forward your reasons for reporting the matter at a later stage.

It is advisable that medical treatment is also sought where possible/ necessary, particularly in instances where the abuse has caused some psychological injury. Conditions such as post traumatic stress disorder, depression and anxiety are all injuries that are a common result of sexual abuse/ assault.

To talk to us about making a claim call 01423 593 002 for an informal no obligation chat or complete our online contact form and we will call you back.

Published: 01 November 2015
Updated: 25 February 2017