Criminal Claims Bureau CCB Logo
Enquire Now

Victim compensation - criminal injury claims

Call for advice or make your criminal injury claim online

Victims of crime in the UK who suffer injury or harm, may be entitled to compensation through a government backed scheme.

The Criminal Injury Compensation Authority (CICA) an agency of the Ministry of Justice based in Scotland operate a scheme to compensate victims of crime where it can be shown that injury or trauma (including psychological harm) was caused by a criminal act.

We are an FCA regulated claims management company based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire who specialise in complex high value criminal compensation claims. We work hard to ensure that you receive the best possible outcome to your case.

Rape assault victim counselling

The compensation rules can be complex for many victims and you may wish to obtain legal advice before making your claim. How do you get help with your claim?

Call our helpline and speak confidentially to our specialist advisors - call us to discuss your case today - 01423 593 002 or complete our enquiry form

We can guide you through the criminal claim process and speak to you in complete confidence. Call us for a no obligation discussion about your case, we will confirm your options and discuss your entitlement to claim.

You can make your claim over the phone or online. The CICA no longer have a widely available paper application form so if completing the process online is difficult you may choose to use the helpline.

The CICA scheme rules for compensation eligibility are STRICT. The key criteria for claiming is listed below:

  • You must have reported the assault or crime to the police as soon as practicable
  • The police must be able to investigate thoroughly with your full cooperation
  • You must have a medical record of any injury sustained
  • An application should be made to the CICA (*in most cases) within *2 years of the assault
  • Anyone applying with a criminal record **may be refused compensation

* It is possible to claim after the deadline in cases where the victim suffers mental health problems or has an exceptional reason for any delay.

** If you have "spent" convictions or a criminal record involving only minor offences, you may be able to claim but it is strongly recommended you seek legal advice.

Stabbing related incidents - If you have been injured following a stabbing please read our dedicated page here.