If you make a claim against the CICA you may wish to know what you can expect as an award if the case is successful.
We cannot guarantee any level of award under the scheme because every claim is different and needs to be assessed on its own merits. Check our CICA calculator tool to work out an approximate level of compensation that may apply to your case.
If your case relates to sexual abuse or related offences you may wish to calculate your potential award using our specialist online tool.
The size of any award paid in recognition of victims’ personal injuries is fixed according to a scale, or tariff, set by Parliament. The tariff applied since November 2012 defines the maximum levels of compensation which may be awarded. If you qualify also for lost earnings and/or special expenses, the CICA will pay additional compensation however the maximum combined amount payable under the scheme is £500,000.
Obtain compensation for your criminal injury by starting your case with us here
If you have suffered more than one injury, the CICA will only compensate you for the three most serious. eg;
- 100 % compensation of the Tariff amount for the most serious injury;
- plus 30 % of the Tariff amount for the second most serious injury;
- plus 15 % of the Tariff amount for the third most serious.
Likely CICA awards:
- Broken/Fractured Jaw - £1,500-£6,200
- Facial Scarring (Significant or Serious) - £2,400-£11,000
- Fractured Skull - £1,000-£4,600
- Teeth - £1,000-£3,500
- Broken Forearm(s) - £1,500-£11,000
- Broken/Fractured Lower Leg (Fibula) - £1,000-£3,500
- Broken/Fractured Lower Leg (Tibia) - £1,800-£11,000
- Scarring to Torso, Lower/Upper Limbs - £1,000-£3,500
- Sexual Assault - £1,000-£44,000