0113 320 2233

Compensation for sexual abuse or assault

If you have been the victim of a sexual assault or period of sexual and/or physical abuse, either as an adult or a child you may be eligible to make a claim for compensation.

We understand that this type of assault and abuse can have long lasting effects on victims and can be a very distressing experience.

It is very common for victims (particularly in relation to childhood abuse), to keep what happened to themselves and many choose to come forward some time later as adults. Even if the sexual assault or abuse took place many years ago, you may still be eligible to make sexual abuse claims, either by way of a CICA application or perhaps a civil claim against an organisation you may hold accountable for your pain and suffering.

Types of claim for sexual assault and abuse

  1. Isolated incidents

    There are many circumstances of sexual assault that can occur as a one off incident. This can include instances of rape and other types of sexual offences.

  2. Periods of abuse

    Sexual and/or physical abuse can go on for a number of months and years. This can include child abuse, domestic abuse and often involves members of the same family.

Under the CICA (Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority) scheme, sexual abuse compensation can be made for sexual assault/ abuse and/or psychological injuries.

For an informal and confidential chat about making a claim for sexual assault and/ or abuse, please contact one of our experienced advisors on 0113 320 2233 or alternatively please complete our online contact form.

More on sexual assault and abuse:

Helpful Contacts

There are many groups which can offer further help and support for victims of sexual assault and abuse. Please see the following links for more information:

Published: 17 December 2010
Updated: 06 October 2015

Ask a question

Ask us a question

If preferred complete our extended CICA application form.